Job Vacancy – Public Information Officer for Media Relations
August 3, 2017
The Judiciary Branch of Government through the Public Information Section seeks application from qualified Liberians interested in filling the vacant position of Public Information Officer for Media Relations.
Place of work: Temple of Justice Montserrado County
Report to: Director of Judicial Public Information.
Term of Reference
Functions & Responsibilities:
The specific tasks of the Public Information Officer for Media Relations shall include the following:
- To gather, process and disseminate news and information of and about the Judiciary to the public through press releases and publications to the media or on the Judiciary Website.
- To advise and assist the Director of Public Information on all media and public relations related issues and concerns necessary for promoting a cordial interaction between the Judiciary, stakeholders and the public in general;
- To process information emanating from the Judiciary with a view to guarantee availability of clear and unambiguous and correct Judicial information for concerned parties, stakeholders and the concerned public at large;
- Issue Judicial approved PRESS RELEAESES;
- Arrange Press Conferences, Public Press Statements for approval by the Director of Public Information.
- College Degree from a reputable Institution in Mass Communication; Public Relations or the Social Sciences.
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience in mass communication and public relations related work.
- Must have excellent oral communication and writing skills.
- can communicate the Judiciary’s views and opinions in a manner that articulates the Judiciary’s pursuit of “the rule of law” to ensure access to justice for all Liberians.
- Be always poised to provide the correct information and feedback to judicial actors and public visitors to maintain a positive image of the Judiciary Branch of Government.
- At least five (5) years of relevant mass communication work experience in the management and dissemination of information to the public as a Press and Public Relations Professional.
- Maturity, cultural sensitivity, tactfulness, diplomacy, inter-personal skills and ability to work well under pressure in demanding environment;
- Familiarity with the opening context of the Judiciary of Liberia will be an asset.
(e) Possess professional journalistic news writing skills.
(g) Excellent written and spoken English.
Application, with relevant documents, MUST be submitted by EMAIL ONLY using the following email address:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION LETTER FRIDAY, AUGUST 18, 2017 @ 4:00 PM
(Absolutely no application will be received after the deadline)
Atty. Darryl Ambrose Nmah, Sr.
JUDICIAL PUBLIC INFORMATION